Being unexpectedly swarmed by wasps make it a quick and obnoxious reason to end a backyard barbecue. Wasps are the type of pest that never go unnoticed because of their stingers. You can easily see a wasp's stinger when these insects buzz by. Not to mention, their stingers deliver a painful pinch. If you have wasps in your home or property, the safest way to get rid of them, and for good, is with professional pest control services in Albany.
Read on to learn about the types of wasps that you may find in your Albany yard and how wasps aren't only annoying and dangerous. We also offer five naturally practical prevention tips and how to remove an existing wasp infestation in your yard safely.
The Types Of Wasps You May Find In Your Albany Yard
There are three common wasps that you may find in your Albany yard. These are:
- Bald-faced Hornet: Bald-faced hornets have black and white markings on their bodies.
- Paper Wasps: Paper wasps have long, slender bodies with orange-colored tips on their antennae.
- Yellow Jackets: Yellow jackets have black antennae with shorter and stockier bodies.
If you're struggling to identify the kind of wasp in your Albany yard, reach out to your local pest control professional for help.
Wasps Are Not Only Annoying But Also Dangerous
You don't want to mess with wasps. Armed with a stinger, wasps are territorial and thus prepared to attack anything that provokes them. When they attack, they do so in packs, causing multiple stings to whoever or whatever they perceive as a threat.
Five Naturally Effective Wasp Prevention Tips For Your Yard
To only way to keep wasps out of your Albany home is with professional pest control services. However, you may consider the following five solutions to keep wasps from coming back.
- Seal Cracks In Your Foundation And Exterior-Facing Walls: If there's damage to your foundation, siding, window and door frames, or exterior-facing walls, it is a shelter for wasps to build their nests.
- Keep Trash Cans Sealed: Exposed trash, as well as food that's left out, will attract wasps and other pests, such as ants and flies.
- Spray Wasp Nests With All-Natural Solutions: Add two tablespoons of dish soap to a spray bottle, fill it with water, and spray on nests or suspected areas. You can also add a few drops of essential oils, such as lemongrass, clove, peppermint, or geranium, instead of soap and spray at dusk when wasps are least active.
- Add Wasp-Repelling Plants To Your Yard: Plant eucalyptus, spearmint, citronella, thyme, and wormwood that are natural wasp repellents.
- Use Decoys: Wasps aren't only territorial toward suspected predators and other wasps. Hanging fake wasp nests in your yard will signal real wasps that the residency is all booked up.
If you have a horde of stinging insects in your Albany yard, you may be wary to take matters into your own hands. Fortunately, the experts at Kanga Pest Control have the tools and experience to safely remove wasps and implement preventative measures that keep them from returning.
How To Safely Remove An Existing Wasp Infestation In Your Yard
Because wasps are naturally aggressive creatures, homeowners face a high likelihood of being stung multiple times if they attempt to remove wasp nests on their own. The safest and most effective solution to getting rid of wasps for good is with help from licensed pest controllers.
Kanga Pest Control is a local, family-owned, and operated pest control business. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with friendly customer service and results they can count on—and we're serious about that commitment. Our offerings include:
- Emergency, same-day, and after-hours services
- Green services options
- A pest-free guarantee
If you're up against wasps in your Albany home or need help with another pest, contact Kanga Pest Control today.