Cockroaches are parasitic pests that have been found to carry more than 30 types of bacteria and a host of different parasites as well, making them one of the most unsanitary invaders you could find in your home. If cockroaches have taken over your home, now is the time to learn how you can tell if you have a cockroach problem, understand why they are hazardous to your health, discover the factors that attract roaches into your home, and get educated on the best way to get rid of roaches. If you are struggling with a cockroach infestation, Kanga Pest Control provides effective pest control in Salem to eliminate cockroaches for good.
How To Tell If You Have A Cockroach Problem
There are many ways that you can tell if you have a cockroach problem, for instance:
- You see live roaches: Seeing one cockroach means that there are more hiding in your bathroom, kitchen, and more.
- You see cockroach exoskeletons: Cockroaches shed their skin as they grow. If you find exoskeletons in your home, you likely have a cockroach problem.
- You see feces: A roach’s feces resemble ground black pepper or coffee. Seeing them around means cockroaches are active.
- You smell something musty and offensive: One of the characteristics of cockroaches is their strong, musty smell that is sometimes also described as oily.
If you see any of these signs of a cockroach infestation, it is time to understand how and why they are hazardous to your health.
Roaches In Your Home Are Hazardous To Your Health
Roaches in your home are hazardous to your health because they can transmit many bacteria, like salmonella, staphylococcus, and streptococcus. They also transmit dangerous illnesses like cholera, dysentery, and typhoid fever, and they can trigger asthma and allergic reactions. There is no way around it; cockroaches are an unwelcome pest, and if you suffer from an infestation, you need to learn about the factors that attract them into your home.
Factors That Attract Roaches Into Your Home
There are many factors that attract roaches to homes, and not all of them have to do with cleanliness. That being said, here are some of the main ones:
- Food: Cockroaches, like most pests, come indoors in search of food. It can help to keep your food prep and dining areas clean at all times.
- Water: Did you know that cockroaches can hold their breath underwater for more than half an hour? They are also attracted to standing water from leaks, garbage disposals, bathrooms, and more. Make sure to remedy any leaks, drips, or standing water.
- Shelter: If cockroaches are invading to find shelter, you might want to fit your windows with fine-mesh screens, and fix any holes and cracks in your walls and foundation.
If these prevention methods are not enough to keep roaches away, read on to find out about the best way to get rid of roaches in your house.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Roaches In Your House
The best way to kill cockroaches in your house is to apply the prevention methods listed above, as well as enlist the help of trained licensed pest control technicians. At Kanga Pest Control, we proudly provide cockroach control in Salem. Our services come with a pest-free guarantee, and we will beat the prices of our competitors if you find a better deal elsewhere. But most importantly, we are dedicated to providing reliable solutions that fit your budget and the unique needs of your family.
Don’t wait for your cockroach infestation to get bigger. Contact us today to schedule your home inspection, and put your roach problem behind you for good.